[lbo-talk] RE: Tiger Lillies

Gary Mongiovi MONGIOVG at stjohns.edu
Mon Nov 7 08:20:42 PST 2005

The Tiger Lillies are probably best known for providing the music and words to a stage production of Shockheaded Peter, which was based on a 19th century (I think) German-language children's book intended to promote good behavior through cautionary tales of the ghastly fates that befall children who misbehave--and I do mean ghastly.

The show got rave reviews in New York a couple of years back, and a return production earlier this year got even better reviews. The band is definitely in the Threepenny Opera caberet tradition. Not my cup of tea musically, but they are certainly clever, inventive and outre. Worth a listen.

Regards,

Gary

Message: 3 Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 07:39:16 -0800 (PST) From: Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> Subject: [lbo-talk] Tiger Lillies To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Message-ID: <20051107153916.63666.qmail at web30204.mail.mud.yahoo.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

I was just in the CD store and picked up a disc my fave Russian punk-ska band Leningrad did with some people called the Tiger Lillies, who are English I think. Anybody know anything about them? They sound kind of cabaretish, sort of like Leningrad themselves.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com