[lbo-talk] Why are the US-ers such assholes?

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 7 21:38:21 PST 2005

>I've met my share of crazed racists. on and off line, but I honestly
>think some of the weirder posts here and there from "wingnuts" are
>actually satire. Being written by souls with humor in their hearts
>who can't resist trolling these maniacs. I know people who do that
>all the time, and I've done it myself. I mean, my reaction to
>
> >Oh, thank you. If I can stick their head in the microwave I'll do
> that. I'll hit them with my blender,anything handy. I have a frozen
> turkey,I'll bash >them with. And my late husband had many tools I
> still keep,including a saws-all. I won't go easy. That's for sure.
> They'll be cursing >themselves silly if they mess with even an old
> lady like me!
>
>is, someone wants to write for the Daily Show. I cant stop
>laughing! Frozen turkey?! mrs-velma-von-tussle? Oh, please!

Well I'll grant you that this one looks like satire, but most of the stuff has a startling consistency with what's always appeared on the net in various forms over the last 15 years. It reminds me of stuff that turns up from the self styled libertarians, generalized gun nuts and the 19 agoraphobic nerds living in their parents basement who think that taking on a net alias from a RPG shoot-em-up automatically gives their Randoid ravings gravitas. I really like the ones that sign of with the dick swinging swagger of words to the effect of 'Mess with me Frenchie/towelhead/whatever and I will start wanking my big, swollen, manly, gun!'.

Years ago I spent about three weeks arguing with some dip who called himself 'Duke Nukem' about politics, loads of laughs. He trotted out the usual right wing, own guns and 'live free or die' shit even while he admitted that, yes, he lived rent free in his parents basement, but if he CHOSE to he could have the 8000 square foot house and the pneumatic blonde that came with it. This was just what we was doing for now, that and working PT at Blockbuster. He's probably over posted there now telling the French how to deal with millions of pissed off people fed up with a racist society.

Sadly, I think a lot of it is real and is the face America is showing to the world on a regular basis.

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo