[lbo-talk] Why do English speaking folk have penchant for feudal theocracies?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 08:38:02 PST 2005

This was a pretty remarkable instance of omitting discussion of anything that would work against the thesis, such as (short list):

Prince Irakli Georgia's incorporation into Russia The Ottoman Empire Ottoman slave market History of Chechen-Cossack relations Composition of White Army Stalin did not lead the Bolshevik Party in 1921 Bolshevik religion policy Nazi collaboration Chechen social organization A certain 1991 plane hijacking The content of Ichkerian ideology The reason Kadyrov pere joined the Kremlin The reason why 80% of Chechen former rebels have joined the Kremlin The contect of Kadyrov Jr's army Ideology of people currently fighting Hey, why exactly DID the Taliban recognize Chechnya anyway? Attitude of neighboring people toward idea of Chechen independence And most importantly, THAT THE GREAT MAJORITY OF CHECHENS DO NOT WANT INDEPENDENCE and that CHECHEN NATIONALIST IDEOLOGY IS DEAD AS A FUCKING DOORNAIL

Since the author is obviously relatively well informed and seems to have the linguistic ability, my guess is that he's a hack trying to make a name for himself by targeting an ignorant readership's ideological buttons. Yes, this screams "hack!" indeed. I know it when I see it.

Note that I would have bought this hook, line and sinker five years ago, i.e., when I didn't know anything.

--- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.newleftreview.net/NLR26401.shtml
> TONY WOOD
>
> THE CASE FOR CHECHNYA