[lbo-talk] Zhirinovsky on France Riots

Kevin Robert Dean Qualiall at Adelphia.Net
Fri Nov 11 01:18:40 PST 2005

Russia offers football thugs to France

A Russian politician has offered to send the country's violent football thugs to France to sort out the rioters.

Far right politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky says he already has hundreds of volunteers many with special forces training.

In a telegram sent to France, Zhirinovsky, who is also Deputy Speaker of the Duma, said: "We are ready with volunteer units of football fans and activists who have served in military combat hot spots.

"I am convinced that our initiative would restore total order and calm the rioting within 48 hours."

French authorities have had to use emergency powers in a bid to tackle rioters who have swept the country in the last two weeks.