[lbo-talk] Czech President lauds Bangalore IT success

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 02:43:38 PST 2005

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1291309.cms

The Economic Times

Czech Prez lauds B'lore's IT success

PTI[ THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2005 08:55:13 PM]

BANGALORE: Lauding India's achievements in the space field and the progress made by Bangalore in the technology sector, Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus expressed hope that more IT companies would set up shop in his country.

Klaus, accompanied by first lady Livie Klausova who celebrated her birthday on Thursday and a business delegation, visited ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC) and Infosys Technologies Limited here and the plant at Hosur of Terex Tatra India Limited, which is Indian joint venture of Czech heavy-duty truck maker Terex Tatra.

"We have heard very much about your state, your city; everyone knows about the achievements of the industry, especially in sophisticated and modern sectors such as IT and space," he said.

"Infosys is already present in Czech Republic. It's a good beginning. We have here representatives from several IT companies. I hope there will be something done for mutual benefit," he said.

"We have brought a business delegation. We hope to start good contacts with your city."

At the ISRO Satellite Centre, Klaus was shown the Satellite Integration Laboratory, Thermovac Test Chamber and Space Exhibition.

A presentation on India's space programme was made, and the Czech President had a chat with ISAC Director K N Shankara and ISRO officials.

India's progres in the space field was lauded by Klaus, who was accompanied by the Indian Ambassador to the Czech Republic, P S Raghavan.