[lbo-talk] Last self-promo, I swear ;(

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 02:15:18 PST 2005

Doug,

The theme of this Thursday's Radio Schizo (again, 9-10 PM CST) is ANTi-PATRIARCHY ROCK 'N ROLL. I think "The Bitch" got to me. The last show was themed around anti-religion. But since this time it's anti-patriarchy, my female partner will be programming most of the music.

Lydia Lunch, Exene Cervenka (of X), pre-1996 Kathleen Hanna (of Bikini Kill), Chrissie Hynde, Eve Libertine (of "Penis Envy"-era Crass), Wendy O. Williams (Plasmatics), Diamanda Galas, and oodles more. Maybe even Courtney Love! ;) But we've unearthed some proto-riot grrrl 60s all-girl garage bands we'll play, too. Too many in all to name. L7, 7 Year Bitch, Vice Squad, Poison Girls, The Slits, etc.

As far as archives of the show -- No. I'm actually looking for someone to record them for me. Right now I lack the equipment and resources to do this.

http://radioschizo.metalwarfare.com is the show's site and has past playlists plus more info. I would like to start archiving soon. Once I get the ability to do that I'll probably re-run, say, last Thursday's anti-religion themed show (Dead Kennedys, Behind Enemy Lines, Bad Religion, Crucifucks, etc.) for posterity.

But, hey, Doug and anyone: Check it out this Thursday! 9-10 PM CST.

-B.

> Damn, I missed it. Archived anywhere?
>
> I see you've got the quirky Piet posting recondite
comments. Yikes.