[lbo-talk] Welfare-to-work changes draw near

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 12 04:34:11 PST 2005

Bill posted:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/welfaretowork-changes-draw-near/2005/11/09/1131407700869.html

Welfare-to-work changes draw near

By Misha Schubert, Canberra

Melbourne Age November 10, 2005

Laws introducing the most dramatic overhaul of welfare entitlements....

********

This combined with "Industrial Relations" reform by the Liberals will turn up the heat on the class struggle. "IR" reform means that you need to sign an individual workplace agreement with your employer. You can refuse, of course, but then you're confronted with the now torn, tearing saftey net. You can also accept your employer's dictums. The culture of wage-slavery in Oz is changing. Howard and his Lib/Nat colleagues are trying to turn Australia into another U.S.A.

Anyway, big nationwide rally against IR reform down here on Tuesday, November 15th. I'll be there on the Perth Esplande along with a lot my class comrades.

Solidarity, Mike B)

Read "The Perthian Brickburner": http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com