[lbo-talk] Abortion: a Women's Issue

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sun Nov 13 07:45:57 PST 2005

> Men, both in support and opposition, do not feel as strongly
> about the right and access to abortion as women, again both in
> support and opposition, do:

My admitedly unscientific ongoing poll indicates that if you don't think about it very strongly, chances are you lean toward 'anti' -- that is, I think it's easier to think about the negative aspects when only thinking about it abstractly ... another weird quirk of this is that I always ask people who are vaguely against it if they've ever known anyone who has had or needed an abortion, and they always say 'no' like I was asking if they knew anyone who was a crack addict or a welfare scammer.

Maybe what we need is a National Elective Abortion Day to get people more involved! Ok, wait ... just kidding.

/jordan