[lbo-talk] A coloured revolution fails in Azerbaijan

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 09:52:26 PST 2005

--- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote: Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> but, you really fit the bill, with your continual blending of Muslims with Islamist terrorists in Chechnya and elsewhere). ---

1. Uzbekistan is a Muslim country.

2. Hizb-ut-Tahrir is not just another Muslim group or a bunch of plucky Democrats standing up for the Uzbek little guy. Hizb-ut-Tahrir, which Islam Karimov did not make up, is a scary bunch of people dedicated to the overthrow of every country in the Caucasus and Central Asia and the establishment of Taliban-style Islamic rule there. To be sure, they at least claim in public to want to accomplish this nonviolently (which would be impossible), but that is kind of like saying I'm for Nazi rule over Europe, only I want to implement it nonviolently. There are no plucky democrats in Uzbekistan.

---

Would you also say the hundreds shot in Andijan in May were as the regime said Islamist terrorists en masse?

--- (Subtext: have you stopped beating your wife?

How should I know? FWIW that is exactly what my Sexy Uzbek Waitress, whose parents live right by Andijan, thinks.

Whoever they were, I am sure they were not plucky democrats.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com