[lbo-talk] The War on the Car-driver

Tom Walker timework at telus.net
Mon Nov 14 12:25:22 PST 2005

More satire from Heartfield:

"It is just sheer utopianism..." "By all means propose... (though I think you are in dubious company if you do)" "Or you could say, like Pol Pot..."

Ah, what would we do without ad hominem invective?

"Well, that's a "when did you stop beating your wife" question, isn't it."

Oops, I've done it again, utopian, eugenicist, psychopathic mass murderer that I am.

"Why don't you go round some working class neighbourhoods and ask people if they are willing to trade their cars in for bicycles."

I live in a working class neighbourhood -- don't have to "go round some". Lot's of folks ride bicycles. Lot's of us walk and take transit. Some people who drive cars do so because they have no choice. Their work is too far away to get to by transit or bike. Some, though, drive cars because they imagine it increases their penis size. I empathize with the former, not with the latter.

Please Mr. Heartfield, I've had my fun for today. Give me a break. You are either a very funny man or a complete nincompoop.

The Sandwichman