[lbo-talk] more news from the motherland...

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 08:37:56 PST 2005

--- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> What does it mean exactly to be a nazi in India? Who
> do they put in
> concentration camps and gas?

I wondered about this myself. What % of Indians have any clue what the Stars and Bars represent?

While I'm at it, here's something that's been bothering me. Normally I edit translations of Russian scientific papers, but also often stuff that has been sent to us in English from various non-Russophone places. The material from India almost invariably is in atrocious English. Why is this? I thought English was one of the linguae francae in India. What gives?

__________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page! http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs