[lbo-talk] Re: History of Violence

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 15 10:09:53 PST 2005

Dear List:

John writes:

> Finding the line between the homophobic insistence
on one's own heterosexuality and the opportunism of allowing people to think you're one of them is difficult.

Well, you have to do a lot more than shut your mouth to make me think you're one of us LOL.

What I am referring to specifically is how Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal will reap kudos for playing "gay" (is any other form of minstrelry so revered?), while they always manage to let everyone know they are oh-so straight. Maybe it should have been called BAREBACK MOUNTAIN.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister

P.S. If you want to see a GREAT movie about queers, rent John G. Young's THE RECEPTION -- out on dvd next and my favorite film of the year so far.