[lbo-talk] Why are we still turning to Dylan for the soundtrackto our demonstrations?

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Nov 15 22:21:18 PST 2005

Well, you know, some people speak of Dylan as if he were the kind of musician that Johnson was -- the sort that you could listen to a million times and still feel like you could hear it a million times more, like you could never get to the bottom of it. And Dylan, evokes that greatness but doesn't fulfill it -- that's why words like "poseur" and "simulation" come up for me when I think of Dylan. He most certainly did brilliantly encapsulate a great deal of fabulous sixties angst. True.

Joanna