[lbo-talk] Bloomberg's demographic profiling

Tom Walker timework at telus.net
Tue Nov 15 12:00:54 PST 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

>/ They stored the answers in a vast computerized database to develop
/>/ sophisticated psychological portraits of city voters - identifying eight />/ never-before-identified voting blocs based on people's shared everyday />/ interests and concerns, not on their broader racial, cultural or />/ ideological differences, aides said in interviews in the last few days.

/

Sounds to me like they did a Q-sort factor analysis. That's how you identify these "never-before" voting blocs. Now if only they would do it to govern and not just to get elected, maybe we could be getting somewhere.

The Sandwichman