[lbo-talk] No cock left behind

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:18:14 PST 2005

I think Comrade R. B. may be talking about something different, so I'll try to connect it. I think that the male experience of sexuality starts with the formation of intense desire before we ourselves have any concept we might be desired. I think it's clear that testosterone has very powerful effects on the brain and the fact that we produce so much more than women means our sexual desire is much more intense outside of actual sexual activity. I would look to the descriptions of the feelings testorsterone produces in "female-to-male" "transsexuals" as a guide to the difference between the male and female sexual minds. In a sense, men just don't much care whether they are desired because they are thinking about girls.

On the other hand, women have to deal with the objectification male sexuality produces. I think the experience of being desired is just not what we think about. Therefore, we don't objectify our bodies in the same way that women do because we ourselves are not objectified (and if we are, we don't really care). So, indeed, "loving" our genitalia makes no more sense than loving our fingers or toes. Obviously, feeling desired is intensely erotic (and to be hoped for). I just think that it's not a big part of sexuality for most men.

peace

boddi