[lbo-talk] Re: No cock left behind

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Wed Nov 16 15:12:15 PST 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, BklynMagus wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> boddi satva writes:
>
>> Obviously, feeling desired is intensely erotic (and to
> be hoped for). I just think that it's not a big part of
> sexuality for most men.
>
> You must have had sex with a whole 'nother set of men
> than I did.

Indeed. This thread itself is a good example of the social construction of gender! "Women's sexuality = feeling desired" and "men's sexuality = desiring agent" is a binary that rings true to many because--we "engender" that dichotomy in our talk and everyday behavior and ignore experiences like Brian's that challenge the dominant discourse. I'm with Kel on this: the abolition of gender as a product of social relations and the abolition of the capitalist as a product of social relations are strikingly analogous political goals.

Miles