[lbo-talk] Re: shake & bake

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Thu Nov 17 07:13:49 PST 2005

Leigh writes:
>That's right... The area is the Iraqi equivalent of a free fire zone and
>everyone within it is an enemy combatant... No civilians killed because
>there are no civilians... even the males, aged 15-45 that attempted to
>leave and weren't allowed to go. They die first, I'm sure.

I'm sure the U.S. military is using the same rule they used in Vietnam. If they're dead, they're enemy combatants, as the vets explained in the Winter Soldier investigation. The Winter Soldier film is worth seeing again. It's been reissued and this time it's actually playing in theaters. There's some discussion of white phosphorus in there, too.

Jenny Brown