[lbo-talk] Shuttle. Click

Rotating Bitch info at pulpculture.org
Fri Nov 18 10:00:30 PST 2005

would lurv some feedback on this. Does it help to understand Butler at all? Is it even 'getting' Butler and those pomofreaks who can't write? I whipped it off in 30 minutes. heh. that's was DP must eman by scream of consciousness. So, no doubt, I must be getting something way, way wrong.

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/18/shuttle-click/ Shuttle. Click.

<...>

Is there some ideal, Platonic Bitch out there? What is Bitch other than a performance? I don't mean that there is some real me underneath it all­that I'm like an actor. I mean that I constitute what Bitch is in the very performance of it and it's me all the way down and not me all the way down. I can't imitate one, because there isn't One to imitate. And yet, I can't just make it up whole cloth, either. Bitch must be performed in and through notions of what it means to be labeled, Bitch. And at the same time Bitch is performed, the performance of Bitch destablizes and unravels itself. As it is bound, it is unbound.

The laughter of Penelope's loom. Weaving away, Penelope wove all day. Then, at night, she unwove what she'd woven, an act of resistance agaisnt the patriarchal mechanism of her day.

Shuttle. Click.

For it would only be when she was finished making Odysseus's shroud that she would be forced to marry another man, as was custom of the day.

Shuttle. Click.

But Penelope resisted. She wove all day and at night unraveled the same.

To Weave. To unweave. The laughter of the loom.

Shuttle. Click. Shuttle. Click.

That doesn't mean Bitch isn't real. Bitch is very real. It's just not something that exists, out there, shorn of the humans and social practices that constitute the meaning of Bitch. And yet, at the same time, it does exist out there.

Weaving. Woven. Unwound. Shuttle. Click.

<...>

"You know how it is -- come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis."

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org