[lbo-talk] Shuttle. Click

Rotating Bitch info at pulpculture.org
Fri Nov 18 10:23:19 PST 2005

At 01:13 PM 11/18/2005, Carrol Cox wrote:

>Rotating Bitch wrote:
> >

> > Is there some ideal, Platonic Bitch out there? What is Bitch other than a
> > performance? I don't mean that there is some real me underneath it all­that
> > I'm like an actor.
>
>Why call it a performance, then? I don't have a history, I _am_ my
>history. As far as I can see, there is an element of bad faith in this
>juggling of vocabulary ("performance" rather than "practice" or "social
>relations" or "history"). Probably not bad faith but self-deception.
>It's a way of maintaining what is in practice a radical individualist
>theory while sneaking social relations in the back door under the
>weasel-term "performance."
>
>Carrol

Butler says in the post Doug quoted. It has a history. It's apiece of jargon that people hate so much that requires that you are steeped in aphilosophical tradition. Dog knows, that's bad. Everything must be immediately transparent and fucking easy to understand.

Plus, if you'd read the rest, you'd probably understanding about engaging in outragous, over-the-top performance.

*sign*

Feedback -- real feedback -- might mean reading the whole thing yanno?

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/18/shuttle-click/

http://blog.pulpculture.org