[lbo-talk] A sample from Bob Dylan's memoir

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Nov 18 13:10:25 PST 2005

On Nov 18, 2005, at 7:14 AM, Carl Remick wrote:

> "Gotta Serve Somebody"? Dylan at his fortune-cookie-wisdom worst.
> I find it particularly galling to be lectured on the Great Chain of
> Subservience by some wealthy fuck like Dylan who hasn't done
> anything but follow his own whim for decades.
>
> Carl

I will tell you that I have walked past Bob's home in Malibu many a time. I have a friend who lives nearby. He has about 12 acres, you can't see the house at all and the yard around the perimeter is pretty funky, chain link fence, old vehicles sitting around. When we walk the dogs past there 12 Mastiffs come running out and throw themselves at the fence, howling and barking. You can tell them to shut up and they will sit down and look at you. That is pretty awesome. You wouldn't want the fence to dissolve between you and the dogs though for sure.

Marta