[lbo-talk] Re: No cock left behind

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Fri Nov 18 16:54:18 PST 2005

At 4:08 PM -0800 18/11/05, Miles Jackson wrote:

>>You're blaming the victim. If a messenger can't be bothered to make
>>a good faith effort state the argument clearly, in fact goes out of
>>their way to make it as incomprehensible as possible, then shoot
>>the messenger. Not the person who doesn't understand the garbled
>>message.
>
>Okay, leave aside Butler, reread my posts in this thread. Perhaps
>I'm full of myself, but I think I've stated the argument
>forcefully and clearly.

You've stated an argument clearly. I don't agree with it entirely, I think you overstate the importance of social influences on gender, but you are plain and clear. I have no idea whether that is the same argument as Butler is making though, because Butler does not argue plainly.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas