[lbo-talk] up-er-down?

Tom Walker timework at telus.net
Sat Nov 19 10:35:44 PST 2005

That's almost what I'm saying but with the twist that the advantage for the Repugs sort of depends on them making it deviously advantageous for the Dems equivocate -- a prisoners' dilemma set up. If they make the game too explicit, they take away the incentive for the Dems to play for the booby prize. Ultimately it's not about whether or not this hurts the Dems but whether it makes the scorched earth the Repugs create and inherit more governable. What I'm saying is the Republicans risk replicating in the House the "mission accomplished" in Baghdad... the occupation will be something else.

The Sandwichman