[lbo-talk] We do not need an exit strategy. We need an exit.

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 14:21:02 PST 2005

--- Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> Letting Saudi-funded Al Qaeda fighters and
Iranian-funded Shiites fight it
> out?

Are you mouthing Rush Limbaugh talking points now? Is this the nadir to which liberals have sunk, that they can't find a spine to stand up for what's right? ---

I have no idea what the future of Iraq (no doubt grim) will be, but Nathan is right that "self-determination" in the abstract is a canard (cf. what happened in Chechnya during its independence). Actually I think that this idea is a venemous legacy of Leninism, which was based on conditions in the Austro-Hungarian and Russian Empires (and was a very bad understanding of the state of affairs then -- don't even get me started on Lenin's lack of understanding of the Russian nationalities issue).

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com