[lbo-talk] more news from the motherland...

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 08:42:41 PST 2005

Hey, if (per Sujeet) only 7% of the Indian population speaks English, and given that AFAIK you guys have a binzillion different nationalities and languages, what is the national language of communication for people from different linguistic/cultural backgrouns? (I am totally ignorant of this but IIRC not even Hindi is spoken widely enough to do this -- tell me if I'm wrong.) There are probably more languages spoken in Russia than in the EU, but that doesn't matter on a national level since everybody speaks Russian as well. What's the counterpart in India?

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com