[lbo-talk] Re: Instinct

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 21 08:43:01 PST 2005

Dear List:

Arash writes:

> But I do find Brian's suggestion (which I acknowledge he
meant partly as a joke) of re-organizing society to reduce or eliminate a heterosexual instinct to rest on some bad assumptions about the potentials of socialization

Not a joke in the least. We are far beyond the time for humour. It is time for action.

I think the first step would be the establishment of Queer Re-Education Camps. There has been a small effort with QUEER EYE . . . , but clearly we must be more aggressive. I still see heteros in polyester on the subways (microfibers damn it! microfibers!!).

The camp would pleasant and not oppressive: there would be Streisand Sundays and Midler Mondays and Ross Thursdays.

Among the lessons taught would be not to wear the same pair of pants just because it already has the belt in it; football as enjoyable for the tight uniforms instead of close scores.

The de-heterosexualization of culture must be a progressive imperative if we are to combat straight imperialism in all its manifestations.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister