[lbo-talk] Animal Porn Fridays

Rotating Bitch info at pulpculture.org
Mon Nov 21 14:39:06 PST 2005

oooops. The entry, "Sometimes a tampon is just a good smoke" is here: http://blog.pulpculture.org/category/animal-porn-fridays/

I realize there is a hyooooooooooge call for animal porn fridays, given the search engine stats. Man, can you imagine what happens when someone lands at Bitch? I'll tell you what? They actually stick around. I get an average of 11.2 page views from someone searching on that term.

And doug? Cat? Joe? The rest of the Bad Subjects crowd? We must have been living in some little haven of feminist thought then, because cognizance of these issues seems to be wholly lacking in this debate. I don't remember retreading the ground feminists had already tread. The dildo and porn wars had taken place in the 80s, by the 90s, we were aware of them and could reference them in our discussions. Today, it's as if none of that was every discussed. It, like, disappeared! Man, the way women are talking about slutty, trampy fashion makes me think that we lived in some kind of bubble at bad and no one ever talked about stereotypes of trash/slut/whore or wrote about it and questioned the binary dualism upon which notions of white femininity is constructed.

What happened?

I've updated with something I'd forgotten to include: http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/21/is-that-a-simulacra-in-your-thigh-highs-or-are-you-just-happy-to-see-me/

(not to mention our analysis of the ways in which adults responded to teens/young adults by 'tut tutting' eveything they do, endlessly recycling that trope "back in my day, things were so much better". it's like no one's heard of it!)

But Ed, at http://negativeexternalities.blogpspot.com, reminded me that the people who traverse the internets(tm) are a different crowd. So maybe that's the explanation?

Also, Crystal is bipolar, too, and she's looking for single moms to join her blogring. So, if you're in any of those networks, and especially if you're in the disability community networks, maybe they'd be interested in joining her blog ring. Ping me offlist, I'll send you more info. Or check out the Welcome Wagon thread on the blog.

Thanks,

Bitchy

(Who takes endless delight in register as "Bitchy" so I can receive email from bots that say "Hello Bitchy!"

http://blog.pulpculture.org

"As to my Boxers, keep off of them, they are great dogs and like a lot of Germans, they can smell beer from a long way off."

--Anton Benjamin Skoumal, Politics list