[lbo-talk] myth in Kansas

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Nov 23 09:50:25 PST 2005

Mark Bennett wrote:

> I understand, and sympathize with, your sentiment. As the result of a
> series of events I still find hard to credit, I spent one-half of the
> eighth grade and all of the ninth grade attending Christian High School
> of San Diego, established and presided over by none other than Tim
> LaHaye himself (at the time, we students were required to attend
> thrice-weekly "chapel" services at which The Great Man delivered up
> inhumanly boring sermons on various theological and political topics:
> trust me when I tell you that a more inept preacher has never ascended
> the pulpit.) Fortunately, I was expelled near the end of my freshman
> year; however, the bizarre experience left me with a life-long loathing
> for anything remotely related to "Christianity" in general, and
> "Bible-based Christianity" in particular. What these people need is a
> good dose Diocletian-style persecution and martyr-making.

Wow! That sucks. Being educated by a famous lesser man.

I spent 7 years of my life in a fundamentalist Lutheran elementary school. I thank <insert diety of your choice> that I ended up in Blue Valley schools as the Lutheran high school hadn't been set up yet. The ironic thing is that I was schooled by some hippy-dippy liberal Lutheran teachers who had come out of religious colleges during the 60s while some of the teachers were old-fashioned corporal punishment child abusers.

Fuck religion and fuck the first loser who responds to me with a sappy post about how I should respect liberal and progressive religious people.

Did I make myself clear? Fuck religion! And while I'm at it, fuck Thanksgiving too!

And raking leaves, which I have to go do right now...

Chuck