[lbo-talk] We can lose, or we can just lose later

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Wed Nov 23 12:30:55 PST 2005

boddi satva

Hang on,

I hope we are not sliding back into the Vietnam era stupidity of blaming soldiers. Once you are a soldier you lose your political independence, you serve the government and you have to do hard, shitty things that most people are unwilling to do - and do them at significant personal risk. You better believe I never miss an opportunity to thank people in uniform and I would suggest that, particularly as a leftist, you start doing the same.

boddi