[lbo-talk] No Business As Usual-National Day of Absence

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Nov 23 12:33:42 PST 2005

Charles Brown wrote:

>There's a big coincidence here, in that Mother Rosa Parks died in the
>interim of the initiative to celebrate her historical act, juicing up the
>significance of the action considerably. See Carrol on contingency in
>revolutionary processes. Go with the flow.

What I'd like to see is the UAW striking Delphi on behalf of the whole US working class, and sparking a vast upsurge of radical support. That seems more likely than WW organizing a general strike, but it too seems a very remote possibility.

Doug

^^^^ CB: I'd like to see the UAW organize a picket of Wallstreet during the strike.

James P. Hoffa did send a letter endorsing the WW's Million Worker Movement, and he used the words "working class" in the letter. The UAW may be looking to some radicals to help stir up some stuff. Some of the opportunist trade union leaders of the thirties turned to the CP and other radical cadre as union organizers when they wanted to get militant in making industrial unions.