[lbo-talk] Happy Thanksgiving, you dopes

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Thu Nov 24 15:12:26 PST 2005

At 05:42 PM 11/24/2005, Chuck0 wrote:
>boddi satva wrote:
>
>>The spirit of the holiday is one of inclusion, even an (admittedly
>>perverse) effort to include Native Americans. We may be a chaotic mess
>>here, but the ethic of a national day of breaking bread together is an
>>honorable and a worthy thing.
>
>Who let this pro-America conservative into the room?
>
>I'm going to have my Thanksgiving meal with the family in a few minutes,
>but I see no reason to praise a genocidal holiday on some leftist list.
>Thanksgiving is obnoxious enough with more pro-America bullshit filling my
>inbox.
>
>Some of us "Americans" have no interest in identifying as "citizens" of
>this fucked-up, racist, genocidal country.
>
>Chuck

I think he was identifying, not as a citizen, but as a countrymen, which is a little definition found on infoshop.org. It's sort of like loving your family: they are fucked up fuckers, but you were born into it and you still tend to love most of 'em or, at least, tolerate them. No sooner are you going to run off to Seattle and denounce your family and form a new one, than are USers going to give up the ritual of stuffing themselves, baking apple pies out the ying yang, squabbling, and getting piss drunk in front of a football game, one hand on the aching gut, the other close to the beer can and bag of Doritos. :)

More pie for thought:

http://murdershow.net/post/2005-11-23/fuck-cool/#more-54 http://redstateson.blogspot.com http://www.livejournal.com/users/kdotdammit/585373.html (hell, just go to the main blog and reall all the entries on the ritual of TG. just read the entire page with entries on Thanksgiving. Damn, I'm so glad someone else looks like I do when baking.)

She's the same person who wrote this: http://bad.eserver.org/issues/1995/20/nicolini.html

such a horrid horrid person for not sitting in a corner brooding about genocide.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org