[lbo-talk] Don't know what to call is, was (Mussolini, Trotskyite_

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 02:17:40 PST 2005

What I'm interested in learning more about is the Soyuz Rossisskikh Fashistov (Union of Russian Fascists) formed in Manchuria, founded in part by the Don Cossack ataman Gennady Semyonov. I'm reading a book about Semyonov, as well as Ataman Dutov (White Don Cossack leader) and Ataman Tundutov-Dundukov (Kalmyk Cossack leader). The last is the most interesting, being one of the proponents in the Civil War of an independent/quasi-independent state incorporating the Cossacks, Kalmyks and North Caucasus peoples. I believe it was to be called the Union of the Cossack Host, Mountain Peoples and Free Peoples of the Steppe. He was active in the Society to Aid the Buddhists of Russia after he returned to Russia after the war (and later was executed). I believe he was a Kalmyk by nationality. Kalmyks almost all opposed the Bolsheviks.