[lbo-talk] Happy Thanksgiving, you dopes

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 25 07:28:52 PST 2005

Chris Doss wrote:

>Ditto. Thanksgiving is the best US holiday.

WBAI did 8 hours of anti-Thanksgiving programming yesterday. We listened to some of it, featuring Jim Craven. They're absolutely right on the historical point - the holiday's relation to genocide, and the foundational crimes of the USA. But I really doubt you're going to win any friends this way. People like Thanksgiving, and it seems to me a real uphill climb to persuade the masses to the contrary. Craven even implied that a lot of Indians celebrate the holiday.

Doug