[lbo-talk] Thanksgiving plows on ignoring ongoing genocide

peacenow at theofficenet.com peacenow at theofficenet.com
Fri Nov 25 19:59:27 PST 2005

Yes, americans of all colors do the Thanksgiving thing. Even the Alcatraz bunch does after a cold morning on the Rock. But the state of mourning i feel when with my resister Indigenous friends and family always is an ache my heart as the genocide lives on. What continues to haunt my soul daily is the lack of integration of Indigenous struggles in the radar screen of the left, especially the lofty and privileged left. A bit of Leonard Pelteir here, a bit of Shoshone struggle there, but who gives a crap that it is never truly STOPPED! I do believe that until americans of conscience stand to the death to end genocide here, we will fail miserably in our efforts to stop it elsewhere. Hypocrisy continues even as supporters pass out foood to the Dineh at Big Mountain/Black Mesa refusing to be relocated. I wonder at the extreme voicelessness Indigenous people continue to suffer, yet never give up... Truly commendable.

the ghost in the flour bin o