[lbo-talk] Re: GEORGE GALLOWAY PANDERS TO THE HOMOPHOBES

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 16:36:31 PST 2005

Mike Hirsch wrote:

>And Lenin, is the SWP really, really the
>only road to a new Jerusalem? I liked Cliff plenty in my time (Chris
>Harmen,
>too) but don't kid a kidder.

It's not in my nature to think or talk about politics in that way. I gravitated toward the SWP because they were active and their arguments were strong. My assumption is that as I work through various political and philosophical problems in my mind, I will equally continue to form a judgment about the SWP's effectiveness. What I don't mind telling you for now is that the SWP appears to me to be far better at political strategy and tactics than any of the other far left groups in Britain.

As for Cliff - yes, I know why you liked him. He was a giant. If you saw him speak, you'll know I don't mean that literally, but he certainly had a way of communicating his passion to audiences and motivating them in ways Anthony Robbins can only masturbate over. Not only that, but he was *clear* despite his accent, which isn't a virtue most political orators guard very jealously these days.

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Messenger 7.5 is now out. Download it for FREE here. http://messenger.msn.co.uk