[lbo-talk] A Journey That Ended in Anguish (LA Times)

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Sun Nov 27 08:13:44 PST 2005

Jim Farmelant wrote:

> Carl Remick wrote:

> > There is a degree of naiveté that is indistinguishable

> > from stupidity, and this sad story presents just such

> > a case.

> I don't know. I think the guy was probably book smart

> but somewhat naive about how people and institutions

> operate.

There's what, eight _billion_ dollars of "reconstruction funds" gone missing in Iraq? that we _know about,_ that is. I think this guy was murdered. Maybe he was naive about how fast the contractors's gang would move against him after he denounced them at that meeting.

That article's a real piece of work too, makes it seem like we're dealing with some moody, sensitive, head-in-the-clouds weirdo straight out of "Demian". Yeah, right, West Point puts out lots of that sort, and after graduating in the top ten of their class they especially gravitate toward the Special Forces.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net