[lbo-talk] We can lose, or we can just lose later

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 08:40:40 PST 2005

Which, as far as I can tell from your posts, means for you condescendingly morally condemning grunts who are sent into combat and largely do what they're told. I am sure they will appreciate your superior concern, from yuour position of purity, for their moral benightedness, and I wish you luck in preaching the gospel. Doug and I will refuse to condemn them even if they don't refuse to serve or start fragging their officers. In your mind this seem to put advocates of immediate and unconditional withdrawl, like us, in the same league as Hitchens. As liberal democrat, I take umbrage at that (don't worry, kells, I'll put it bnack); I'm not a neocon. Doig can take his own umbrage. I suppose you think of youreself as some sort of Marxist. Youa re in error. You are in fact precisely the kind of high-horse moralist Marx despised. Saving souls indeed. Marxism would have you ask not, what us thew idaelly morally perfect psition to take, but, what attitude and actions will be most effective in opposing imperialism? A liberal democrat like me is a better Marxist tahn you here.