[lbo-talk] We can lose, or we can just lose later

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Nov 27 16:11:28 PST 2005

boddi satva wrote:

>The argument that the war in Iraq is "illegal" can be dismissed out of
>hand. The presence of troops in Iraq is CLEARLY the will of both the
>duly-elected administration and the duly-elected legislature.

Even if Bush was actually elected. Big IF, there is a larger context within which the judge the legality of this war. One such context are the international conventions against unilateral, unprovoked aggressive warfare such as the invasion of Iraq two years ago or Hitler's invasion of Poland sixty years ago.

There was once a law that upheld slavery in this country. Would you thank the soldier who captured a runaway slave and returned him to his owner?

Joanna