[lbo-talk] We can lose, or we can just lose later

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 28 04:56:05 PST 2005

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com Mon Nov 28 01:07:38 PST 2005:

> Yeah, I forgot, Kofi Annan is President and Chief Justice of the
> Entire World.
>
> This may be news to you but the UN is not a world government and no
> reasonable person thinks it is. Did you vote for Kofi Annan? I
> didn't. How many of the governments represented at the UN are even
> democratic? How many of them represent the will of their people?
>
> When Kofi Annan says that something is "illegal" he's talking
> rubbish. What he is actually saying is that according to part of
> the UN the United States government has violated the terms of a
> treaty. First, that's hardly the final word on the subject. Second,
> treaties are not sovereign over elected legislatures.

Article VI of the United States Constitution says: "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

The Iraq War, which violates the UN Charter to which the United States is a signatory, is illegal and immoral.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>