[lbo-talk] a history of capitalist success models

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 05:56:45 PST 2005

Doesn't that depend on which "Tiger"? Tawian, Singapore, and Hong Kong are doing tolerab;y well in terms of social welfare. is my understanding. A lot of the success of each model has to do with the extent of US investment in the country -- Japan and Taiwan were heavily subsidized by the US, Singapore and Hong Kong by the British. India, and at a lower level, Thailand, Malayasia, Indonesia, not. I wouldn't write off India if China, btw, both are undergoing primitive accumulation, but I expect both to attain first world living standards in a generation, as good as US levels, which of course continue to deteriorate here.