[lbo-talk] Re: more news from the motherland...

ravi listmail at kreise.org
Tue Nov 29 09:24:39 PST 2005

At around 14/11/05 11:13 pm, ravi wrote:

> Last week, walking by Mahatma Gandhi road, I came across the not
> uncommon sight of fashionable teenagers sporting western styles and
> mannerisms, prominent among them a young chap with a T-shirt
> displaying a large red swastika with a picture of Hitler at the
> center, and just to remove doubt, the word "NAZI" in bold lettering
> beneath.

[the MG Road mentioned above is the one in Bangalore]

Some additional information: Crossword is an upscale and popular bookstore with multiple locations in many of the big cities. Prominently displayed in one of their Pune locations were multiple copies of Hitler's Mein Kampf. I walked over to the guy at the desk to chat about the prime display and general customer interest. He responded that the book has been moving fairly fast off the shelves. He had no particular explanation to offer for this phenomenon.

--ravi

-- If you wish to contact me, you will get my attention faster by substituting "r" for "listmail" in my email address. Thank you!