[lbo-talk] the underprivileged soldier?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Nov 29 14:27:56 PST 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> No one said anything about "great" alternatives to the military. But the
> fact is that the military is more or less a cross-section of American
> society. Slightly poorer than average, slightly darker, but not all that
> much so. And, it seems, better educated than average. I know it was a
> Heritage guy that ran the numbers, but until you can find some actual
> fault with them, you don't really have much to say.
>
> Oh, and a lot of people sign up for the military because they believe in
> it, and don't share your view of American society. That's not the way
> I'd like it, but that's the way it is. Unless, of course, you have some
> evidence to the contrary, which I doubt.

Bingo! Most of the meatheads and flag-waving baby-killers who make up the American military are there because they support the patrotic bullshit used to sell the war. If most of these people didn't want to be there, we'd be hearing more about fragging, desertion, and harassment of the brass.

Fuck the troops! Fuck the Democrats who support this war and the Pentagon-industrial complex.

Chuck