[lbo-talk] the underprivileged soldier?

Travis Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Tue Nov 29 12:23:52 PST 2005

Well it seems that it woud be not too much trouble to subtract the # of incacerated black and white and hispanic individuals from their relevant populations to derive a demographic breakdown of the non-incarcerated population. I also would correct for age because what we really want to know is the demographic breakdown of the non-incarcerated service age populations. I suspect that once those corrections are made we will find that black americans are over-represented. None of this solves the question of individual "choice" of course. Not that "choice" would settle the question of deviations in the observed groups however.

Travis