[lbo-talk] We can lose, or we can just lose later

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Nov 30 05:55:11 PST 2005

> > Article VI of the United States Constitution says:
> "This
> > Constitution, and the Laws of the United States
> which shall be made
> > in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or
> which shall be made,
> > under the Authority of the United States, shall be
> the supreme Law of
> > the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be
> bound thereby, any
> > Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to
> the Contrary
> > notwithstanding."
> >
> > The Iraq War, which violates the UN Charter to
> which the United
> > States is a signatory, is illegal and immoral.
> >
> > Yoshie Furuhashi

^^^^^

CB: Agree.

The laws which the U.S. war on Iraq violates is the UN Conventions against crimes against peace , which are an aspect of the laws that came out of the Nuremberg Trials where the indictments were for:

1)participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of crime against peace 2)planning, initiating and waging wars of aggression and other crime against peace 3)war crimes 4)crimes against humanity

Ever since Nuremberg, an illegal war, _war of aggression_ is a crime against peace. The U.S. high command, Commander-in-chief, et al. are culpable for a crime against peace, in international and U.S. law.

At Nuremberg

Defendants in the dock were - Front row: Göring, Hess, von Ribbentrop, Keitel, Kaltenbrunner, Rosenberg, Frank, Frick, Streicher, Funk and Schacht. Second row: Dönitz, Raeder, Schirach, Sauckel, Jodl, Papen, Seyss-Inquart, Speer, Neurath and Fritzsche.

Was Goring convicted of a crime against peace ?

Which of these defendants were convicted of prosecuting illegal war ?

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Trials

Is Bush now violating essentially the same law that Goring was convicted of violating ?

However, the world does not have the rule of law, it is the law of the jungle, and might makes right.