[lbo-talk] Bartels

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Oct 1 07:51:13 PDT 2005

Michael Hoover wrote:

>fine interview doug, nice to hear you mention stonecash book

I learned about it from you, and really appreciate the tip. It deserves much wider attention.

>(although bartels didn't really address question you posed to him
>about it), are you familiar with bartels' study of negative
>electoral impact on people in office, he essentially gave you
>opportunity to query him about it when he mentioned hurricane
>and its possible effect on remainder of bush's second term...

No, I wasn't aware of it. Wish I had been, damn.

How does he compare to other political scientists these days? He's somewhat quantitative, but in a pretty reasonable and useful way. Is that what the profession is mostly like, or are they getting more like economists, lost in silly numbers games?

Doug