[lbo-talk] duplicate posts

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 08:17:19 PDT 2005

Here's some begware to figure it out: www.samspade.org

It has an email header parser that deciphers the jibberish in the header, notes spoof email addresses, original senders, more

Some thoughts:

Mine are very occasional and seemingly random. I think the server or software "burps" occasionally.

Maybe they are Ccs or better still, Bccs, as a way of making sure you see the posts? Like I just did. [Hi ravi... Hi Carrol.]

That would show because the To: field would be your email address, not lbo.

Someone beside the original sender reiterating a thought? Not a good idea. Filtering by the [lbo-talk] tag is probably the most common method for sorting list email and no one notices the personal attention unless something like [offlist] OR [flame!] is added to the subject line.

That's a hint to whomever might be doing it.

Leigh