[lbo-talk] The Aristocrats Joke

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 2 09:36:32 PDT 2005

>From: joanna <123hop at comcast.net>
>
>Chris asked what the joke was and I wrote out the basic version for him.
>Thought, I'd pass it along to anyone who hasn't seen the movie and was
>interested. This is a fairly mild version...

Sorry, even this version seems like Abu Ghraib without the uniforms ... and about as funny.

There's nothing more pathetic or useless than setting guidelines for what "should" be funny. I will simply say that I find it disturbing so many people find this joke -- a virtual H-bomb of misanthropy -- so amusing. I think it is a sign that Not All Is Well in the USA.

Carl