[lbo-talk] Credit Card Loan Delinquencies Reach Record High

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Oct 4 10:23:04 PDT 2005

Miles Jackson wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> Minimum payments are about to double, from roughly 2% of the balance
>> to 4%. A lot of people are going to be surprised - about 5% of CC
>> holders make only minimum payments.
>>
>> Doug
>

> For every credit card company? At the same time? Call me paranoid,
> but this has to be collusion, right? They couldn't all independently
> come to the same conclusion about the policy at the same time,
> could they?

Andrew Kahr is the evil guy who invented the minimum payment scam for the credit card industry. Before he sold them on the idea as a fat way to make money, the companies were reluctant to grant credit to marginal and lower income customers.

I noted this asshat's name because I was vicitimized by this scam for many years when I was younger. These days I have no credit cards, but I feel sorry for all the pain this increase is going to cause people who are already being pinched.

Chuck0