[lbo-talk] Credit Card Loan Delinquencies Reach Record High

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Oct 4 10:25:51 PDT 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> John:
>
>>I thought there were only three CC companies anyway, MC/VS, AMEX, and DISC
>
> as far as
>
>>I know. I thought
>

> Visa and MC are networks or "franchises" if you will - cards are issues by
> individual banks or credit card companies and may vary considerably in their
> terms. I think the biggest credit card company is MBNA - but there is a
> whole bunch of big, medium and smaller players. You can get a Visa/MC
> credit card issued by your credit union - usually on much friendlier terms
> than by commercial banks.

MBNA is the worst. You can get better credit and interest terms from your local loan shark or predatory lender. Those of you who have seen the new Consumer Reports article on credit cards should have seen the anecdote from the woman screwed over by MBNA. Unfortunately, she isn't the only victim of these credit terrorists.

Chuck