[lbo-talk] MALIK RAHIM: Yesterday's Radicals Devolve....

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Oct 4 18:40:21 PDT 2005

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Yee-Haw!
> "Former Panther turning liberal-do-gooder."
> Yup, "liberal sell-outs, " like Malik Rahim give speeches to
> conferences on the Communist Manifesto,
> "liberals" don't express thanks to a tiny M-L sect for their

This pair of messages are a good example of times when this list hits a low point common to most lists. One of you crossposts some rant from Indymedia or another list, which is alrady taking it out of context, and that piece of verbiage is even more removed from some actual incident. What exactly is the point of this...gossip? It is certainly not informational.

I don't know much about Malik Rahim, but I've talked to him and he seems like a level-headed guy. He's been organizing people in his neighborhood to take care of themselves. He's been working with a wide-range of people: communists, Indymedia, liberals, and anarchists. In fact, he's been very instrumental in working with anarchists who set up the Common Ground clinic in his neighborhood. Rahim and the other volunteers have seen many celebrity left visitors, including Naomi Klein, Cindy Sheehan,

Amy Goodman and others. I'll bet that they don't give a damn about some visiting people from the WWP.

Chuck0