[lbo-talk] Middle Class

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 6 11:09:38 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Charles Brown wrote:
>
> >CB; I hear people say fairly commonly that "they are wiping out the middle
> >class; there will just be rich and poor."
>
> True enough, but it's another matter to talk about this in the first person.

Isn't this sort of shuffling aside of theory what you objected to in your activistism article. Who's talking about agitational slogans? What is the relevance of the problems of agitation to attempts at understanding the fundamental dynamics of capitalism. They only intersect at a point near infinity.

Carrol